To be recognized as a Radiation Protection Officer across the UAE, fulfilling the licensing requirements of the Federal Authority of Nuclear Regulation (FANR).
People who deal with Radiation Safety issues on a daily basis, or are required to be a Radiation Protection Officer with responsibility for a range of radiation sources, sealed or unsealed or ionizing radiation devices.
The range of devices may include X-ray devices, industrial gauges or equipment, sealed and unsealed radiation sources, radiation equipment in the laboratory, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material and storage of radioactive materials.
The range of responsibilities may include writing radiation protection and safety program, risk assessment, transport and storage of radioactive materials, radiation safety training and supervision of staff, purchase, selection and calibration of instrumentation and equipment
The industries from which people attend are varied from emergency services, regulators, universities, hospitals, research institutions, factories, oil & petroleum, construction, non-destructive testing, and defence. Assumed knowledge of math and science.
- 2 years valid certificate
- 4.5 CME/CPD Points
- Lunch & Refreshments included
- Free Parking
- Quality Learning Environment
Course Content & Agenda
Day 1: (Basic / Advance)
- 09:00 am Pre-Assessment Test
- 09:20 am Awareness on RPO in UAE
- 09:30 am Basics of Radiation
- 10:00 am Coffee Break
- 10:30 am Characteristics of Ionizing Radiation
- 11:00 am Radiation Units & Measurement Terminology
- 11:30 am Biological Effects of Radiation Exposure
- 12:00 pm Radiation Dose Limits & Dosimeter
- 12:30 pm Lunch Break
- 02:00 pm Radiation Monitoring Surveys
- 02:30 pm ALARA
- 03:00 pm Coffee Break
- 03:30 pm FANR Licensing Procedure
- 03:45 pm Radiation Protection Program (Section D)
- 04:00 pm Radiation Monitoring Devices
- 04:30 pm General Discussion & Post Assessment
- 05:00 pm End Class